There is something spectacular and frightening about the freshness of the number 1: a blank canvas, the mark of a beginning, the smell of possibility. The year awaits like a big chunk of clay, ready to be molded and formed. Ready to mold new material into a better form. Potential kinetic energy.
This year feels particularly meaningful to me as I enter into year 3 of Atelier de Geste. 3 is whole, it seems to mark a cycle.
Here are 12 intentions I would like to set for this year.
1. Enjoy mornings, keep the first golden 30 minutes to stretch, focus and get into a good space
2. Submit ADG for institutional support and mentorship
3. Confront my weakest muscle: numbers. Balance the books every week to reach goals, use Mint every week, and look at metrics
4. Sundays are for the soul: love, friends & family, art, nourish the spirit
5. Continue to support and develop my creative community of designers, artists and performers
6. Work is over at 8:30PM unless there is a deadline. Phone is on auto do-not-disturb mode from 10PM-7:30AM
7. Embed 1 hour of work that I love doing every day into the schedule
8. Continue the much-loved Open Studios to connect directly with clients
9. Rehearsal every week. Perform every 6 months
10. Health is Wealth: swim, yoga, dance
11. Ritual Salad Lunch (weekly 30 minute grocery trips make 5-minute-prep salad lunches that are my power-fuel-break in the middle of a busy day)
12. Develop more Objects